Friday, May 15, 2009

open url

Open URL is pretty cool. I started my first grad program when it was in its infancy (2002). It is so much better now.

Ok - Negative implications for multiple meta data sources. More chances for the meta data elements to get screwed up because of different meta-data standards (some not compatible with Open URL).

The value of open url is that the generated link is independent of the vendor. We can change vendors for particular subscriptions or cancel databases without having an impact on Open URL linking. It makes ILL really easy too.

One of my favorite articles from grad school. Not because of the topic but because of the methodology. Someone read this and give me some ideas. I want to employ the methodology.

Roberts, S. (2004). Self-experimentation as a source of new ideas: Ten examples about sleep, mood, health, and weight. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 27(2)

No comments:

Post a Comment