Thursday, May 14, 2009

beyond ie

I am not a big fan of IE. Honestly, I have not used it much since the new version came out over a year ago. My favorite add on is LibX. I am really surprised it has not caught on with staff and librarians here cause it really knocks my socks off. Don't you want to take Pollak Library with you on the web wherever you go? I know I do. It puts links back to the Library from Wikipedia and Amazon for goodness sake. It does so much more though. I use it every day.

My other favorite is Book Burro I think we should really promote that to students at the beginning of each semester. With rising costs of tuition and books, the price of education is going to marginalize more people. Showing students alternative avenues for acquiring books is the least we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment